Are you looking for a permanent solution for missing teeth? If so, dental implants can be a good choice. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, dental implants are a popular choice for tooth replacement in the United States. They are durable, give a natural look, are easy to care for, and can last a lifetime with proper maintenance. Read on to learn what makes dental implants so popular.
Statistical Data on the Popularity of Dental Implants
- The number of dental implant procedures performed in the United States has been steadily increasing over the years. In 2019, the USA witnessed over 3 million dental implant procedures.
- Dental implants are prevalent among older adults. According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69% of implant patients were aged 35–64, and 17% were over 65.
- Many dental insurance plans include dental implants too. In another survey by the AAOMS, 62% of implant patients reported that their insurance plan provided at least partial coverage for the procedure.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide the following benefits:
1. Provides a Stable Foundation
Dental implants create a stable foundation for the replacement teeth. The procedure effectively replaces a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or an entire arch of teeth.
2. Preserve Bone Structure
When you lose a tooth, the bone that once supported it can deteriorate. Over time, this can lead to a sunken appearance and a greater risk of other dental problems. Dental implants fuse with the jawbone and stimulate it, thus maintaining the bone’s shape and density. It can help prevent future bone loss and improve overall oral health.
3. Eat Your Favorite Foods with Confidence
Dental implants are strong and stable, making it possible to eat virtually anything without fear of displacement or discomfort. With implants, you don’t need to worry about skipping your favorite foods anymore.
4. Easy to Care
Patients can brush and floss their implant-supported teeth just like their natural teeth. Routine dental check-ups are still necessary, but the maintenance required for dental implants is similar to that for natural teeth.
The replacement teeth are custom-designed to match the shape and color of a patient’s natural teeth, resulting in a seamless and perfect smile. It can improve a person’s self-confidence and overall quality of life.
Dental implants are a popular choice for tooth replacement because of the amazing benefits they provide.
If you are considering dental implants, consult your dentist at Comfort Dental Spa to determine if they are the right choice for you. Our specialists provide seamless solutions for all your dental issues. Call us at (248) 306-8533 or contact us for more details.